Forum Discussion

justinbmak
Level 2
10 years ago

OffSite / Non Domain Backup to NAS

Folks:

I have spent a few hours trying to figure out my solution with little to no luck. It seems either people are trying to back up a NAS to ______ (assuming tape) or performing some other actions OTHER than backup a server to a offsite NAS.

So I have two locations, I currently replicate Site B over the Site to Site Tunnel VPN (100/100 fiber at each site) to Site A and everything works perfectly. I am now trying to back up Site A (using Backup Exec) to Site B NAS however I cannot seem to get Backup Exec to prompt me to which login to use when I connect to the NAS over the tunnel. I can connect to the NAS from Site A just fine (after entering in the login) via UNC (\\10.15.20.26\_______) and I have entered in the login crend in to Symantec hoping that when I add a "Storage Device" -> "Disk-based Stoage" --> "Disk Storage" and enter in the UNC patch that it would either use the login I entered in (System Configuration --> Managed Login Accounts) however I get nothing.

Is there a way to add a NAS as a "Disk-Based Storage" while using a different login cred?

• From your problem description, the NAS is not readily accessible.  The VPN tunnel needs to be established by the application before it is accessible.

3 Replies

• No. The NAS must be as accessible when the job starts
  • The NAS is and always in accesible. There are back ups running (with VEEAM) on the LAN (not through the tunnel) today. 

So that's why I am asking if I can use BES to back up (say my SQL server) to the NAS over the Site to Site. 

• From your problem description, the NAS is not readily accessible.  The VPN tunnel needs to be established by the application before it is accessible.