Forum Discussion

20 years ago

Problem restoring to Recovery Storage Group

Isn't one of the main purposes of the RSG is to be able to restore a mailstore without bringing down all the mailstores? I keep getting this error when restore job runs.

Error category : Resource Errors
Error : e000ff00 - Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted. Use the Exchange System Manager to dismount the databases, and then retry the job.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65280

Do I have to bring down the actual live mailstores of a storage group?
Is there a way for me to just extract the .edb files from an information store back up? I have Ontrack PowerTools that I can use to get the mailbox data I need.

7 Replies

• No you don't need to bring down the online stores to restore to the RSG. Couple of things to check for..

1. The backup you are restoring from, was it a Snapshot backup or a normal Exchange full backup? (if you check the set you are restoring from it will tell you this information). You cannot restore a snapshot backup of Exchange store to the RSG see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275586.htm for more details.

2. Have you properly created and attached the required mailbox store? Even if you have, delete it, delete the RSG, then recreate it, and attach the mailbox store again.

3. You can only restore Mailbox Stores to the RSG - and can only do 1 Store at a time. You cannot restore a Public Folder Store.
  • Hello,

Please inform whether the issue is resolved or not, and if not, get back to us with the information asked in the previous mail.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.
  • Hi

I to am having problems restoring to the RSG I have trawled through all the details in documents and forums, but still not able to restore the mail store.

Any ideas..... Anyone?
  • Does this technote help?
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264815.htm

Regards,
    Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.
  • I am also having the same problem with Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise. Tried all the suggestions given in this thread already. It is a Full backup, not snapshot, have recreated RSG and relinked databases. Normal restore works OK, it's just when you attempt to restore to RSG. It generates the e000ff00 errors ?? Puzzled.
  • Hey all, whats the status of this? I am having the same problem. W2K3 SP1, E2K3 SP2Message was edited by:
    Chris Scheer
  • Problem solved!!

Repaired install on BU server, install SP1, insall hotfix 17 on all servers.