Forum Discussion

tech43
Level 4
10 years ago

Question about LiveUpdate Information alert

We get the following LiveUpdate alert every day:  "You do not have the most recent updates for the Agent for Windows...".  When I follow the advice of the alert and sort the server list by Servers with Updates Available there is no servers appearing in the list.  However if I click back to the Default Configuration view and right-click on them the Update option does appear as if the server needs an update. 

Do the servers need to be updated?

-Thanks

• After updating the media server using LU, did you push out the remote agents to the remote servers?  If not, then you should push them out.  You should ALWAYS push out the remote agents after updating the media server.  If not, then the remote servers do not get the new updates.

5 Replies

• Run LiveUpdate on your media server to make sure there are no updates.

If there are, update the media server and push-install these to your remote servers.

Thanks!

• Yes, you should go ahead and push out the update.  I recommend not waiting for an alert but making a practice of updating the Backup Exec server and then immediately keeping all the remote servers at the same patch level by pushing out the remote agent to them.

• Running LiveUpdate advises "All of the Symantec products and components installed on your computer are currently up-to-date". 

I then right-click on the remote servers and select Update > Run now with no recurring schedule > OK.  I see the "Installing" progress indicator for about 15-20 seconds and then it disappears.

When I install successfully using this method on our other BE server the name of the remote server disappears from this list, however in this case the servers remain in the list - they don't disappear upon successful install - and when I right-click on them I again I still see an option to update (even though the Job Monitor reports a successful install.)

At this point I guess I'm ok but something seems to not be working properly.

• Try turning off any antivirus on the server and then run the update again and run the update as a local administrator.

• After updating the media server using LU, did you push out the remote agents to the remote servers?  If not, then you should push them out.  You should ALWAYS push out the remote agents after updating the media server.  If not, then the remote servers do not get the new updates.