Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Remote agent recognise iSCSI attached drive

Hi, I'm currently using Backup Exec 11d on SBS2003. I'm thinking of buying an iSCSI RAID array. One of the servers I backup via a remote agent would connect to the array via windows iSCSI initiator...
    12 years ago
    The function of the RAWS agent is simply to communicate with the media server. You can redirect a restore, but not a backup. So no, while Windows will see the iSCSI drive presented to it and be able to use it, the remote agent won't. The only way around this is to load a full version of BE on that remote server, meaning additional cost. Thanks!
    12 years ago

Thanks for the correction Craig, 

Perhaps i misunderstood Uncle Romania. On my reading the posting it appeared to me that they were trying to backup the contents of the newly added storage location and not "Redirect" the backup to it. Uncle Romania if you would please clarify for me what youre trying to accomplish. If you are trying to simply backup the content of the attached storage using the remote agent then i believe that you would be able to acccomplish this without issue.