Forum Discussion

8 years ago

SDR of a server more than 30 days old

I have a server that I decommissioned more than two years ago that someone wants me to restore. I have the backup sets here and they are SDR-enabled backup sets, but they don't show up in the drop-do...
    8 years ago

The restore selectison (for any backup set not specific to SDR ) defaults to filtering on 30 days - you need to adjust the settiing near the top of the restore selection pane to show further back.

With regards the SDR issue:

There is no 30 day specific limit, although there is a "3 complete SDR sets limit" the rolls along deleting the older SDR records as you create the next, however you would have to still be backing up the server concerned to experience this (unless you are trying to go back more than 3 sets before you decommissioned the server). Note: it is possible to increase this limit but you ave to do it prior to running the backups not afterwards - see http://www.veritas.com/docs/000022927

Which version of BE did you backup with?

Can you see normal restore selections for this server (after changing the date filter mentioned above and covering the dates you are intersted in)?

Do your catalogs get truncated?