Forum Discussion

Dean_R
Level 2
18 years ago

Selection List maximum length

Is there a maximum length of a selection list in 11D?

I backup about 50 resources every night but I have 2 exclusions (temp directory and temporary internet directory) for most of the resources. Total there are about 150 lines in my selection list.

I never had a problem with my selection list in 10d but in 11d when I try to modify my old selection list and click OK the selection dialog box just sits there and never goes away. I have to hit cancel or the "x" to close the dialog box which doesn't save the modifications.

To fix another problem, tech support recommended I delete and recreate the selection list. I recreated the selection list (without all the exclusions) and it fixed the e00081d9 error I was having. I got my first good backup in a week.

Tonight I added some of the exclusions and clicked OK and it saved. Later I went back in to finish the exclusions and I did 10 more and clicked OK and the dialog box just sat there again. I deleted four of the new exclusions and clicked OK and it saved. I added one exclusion at a time until it stopped saving. It appears that once I hit 120 lines in the selection list it will not add anymore resources or exclusions.

Is there any way around this? Can you have more than 1 selection list per backup job?

Thanks,

Dean

4 Replies

• Forgot to add I have tried http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/286488.htm and applying HF6
  • Dean,

I couldn't find any relevant defects apart from what you've already mentioned you've applied. I have not found any relevant cases tied to this either, so the only workaround I can give you is to utilize global exclusions instead. I'm not sure if this will even fit what you're trying to accomplish, but if it's something like all .mp3 files, or something similar, I would recommend using that for the time being. I would also recommend calling into Support and opening up another case specifically for this problem and let them know what you've found regarding getting to 120 lines. There seems to be a need for a more thorough analysis on this.

Thanks.
  • Im having the same issues and the hotfixes and registry change did not fix mine either.
  • Yes, no more than 30 servers can be selected.

This was reported by myself about 3 months ago to support.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287409.htm