Forum Discussion

cdelavigne
Level 1
7 years ago

Service Backup Exec Server crash with Backup exec 2010 R3

Hello,

Since 15/02/2018 the Backup Exec Server service has been stopping for no reason.So all my backups no longer work because the crash service.
I specify that it's been years since my servers run without problems.

This occurs on 8 different servers, in different countries, there has been no windows update or special changes on these servers.

All these servers are windows 2008 R2 and backup exec 2010 R3 with the latest update.

Has anyone ever had this problem and found a solution?

Sincerely, Cedric.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Steve-Young
      Level 6

Thanks Alexchip!

Please check the following

A) Go to Tools - Options - Network And Security - Uncheck or disable "Run Backup Imediately when and Elevated ThradCon Level is reached" if it is enabled/checked.

B) Stop the Backup Exec services

Create the DisableThreatconStatusPolling registry key in the Technote below and set it to 1  or disabled.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100005403.html

Start the BE services

Monitor the services.

Please let us know the results.

joeyiu
        Level 3

Hi Steve,

I have similar problem but the option " Run Backup Imediately when and Elevated ThradCon Level is reached" was not enabled origianlly.

I am using Small Business Server 2011 Standard and Backup Exec 2010 R3, the “Backup Exec Server” service will stop by itself when the backup up job is launched or when backup job is run.

I got the Application error in the system log  ( beserver.exe  13.0.5204.1270, MSVCR80.dll 8.0.50727.6195)
        I have tried to 
        -      Create new backup device (new backup to disk folder to different drive) and media set
        -      Repair the software through software and features
        -      Run live update in the application
        -      Installed hotfix be5204R195395_x64bit and batch BE5204.1225RSP3_x64bit
        -      Run “Repairing Database” with BEUtility
        -      Change the credential of the service 

all didn't work, Attached the crash dump files for your advices? Thank you.

• I have exactly the same issue, even from the same date!

I have a virtual machine with Windows Server 2008 R2, Backup Exec 2010 R2 (at that time), completely updated. Language: Italian.

Since 15 February, the service "Backup Exec Server" has started to crash suddenly, even if no jobs are working!

I tried to upgrade it to 2010 R3, but the same problem continues to happen.

I also tried to recover a snapshot image dated 05 January, but now it fails as well (but at that time it worked!)
    I tried to upgrade (using the snapshot) again from R2 to R3 without migration, so with a clean setting. But the same problem remains!

The event manager shows following error:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Application Error" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>100</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-02-20T20:29:18.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>41298</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>XXXXXXXX.SRL.ELM.IT.locale</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>beserver.exe</Data>
        <Data>13.0.5204.1279</Data>
        <Data>53321a8c</Data>
        <Data>MSVCR80.dll</Data>
        <Data>8.0.50727.6195</Data>
        <Data>4dcdd833</Data>
        <Data>c0000005</Data>
        <Data>000000000001a955</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Unfortunately it is useless to create a rule to restart it in case of crash, because it hungs, until I close all other Backup Exec services. At that point it restarts and works for a while; then it crashes again.

It seems the crash happens quite continuosly if the UI is executed, even if no one is using it.

Attached there is one of the required dump.