Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Share BEDATA folder

Hello,

I have an older BE2014 server installation using SAN storage for backup (iscsi connection)

Now I am configuring a new BE2015 server also connecting to the same SAN storage.

The BE2014 stores the backups in \bedata folder. Now the BE2015 also want to use the \bedata folder when I configure storage. Will that give problems when both run live ? Or can I change the \bedata path for the BE2015 server ?

• Hi,

No, you can't do this as you're going to crash both servers. Simply install BE 15 as default and locate everything on that server.

If you need to restore data located on the BE 2014 media server, then catalog it on the BE 15 server. BE 15 would have its own B2D folder if backing up to disk.

Or you can look at a CASO option if you want to share backup data between a CAS server and the managed media server. But as you want it currently, it won't be possible.

Thanks!

1 Reply

• Hi,

No, you can't do this as you're going to crash both servers. Simply install BE 15 as default and locate everything on that server.

If you need to restore data located on the BE 2014 media server, then catalog it on the BE 15 server. BE 15 would have its own B2D folder if backing up to disk.

Or you can look at a CASO option if you want to share backup data between a CAS server and the managed media server. But as you want it currently, it won't be possible.

Thanks!