Forum Discussion

RicsLabs
Level 2
8 months ago

Sytos Premium for OS/2

Hi,

I'm presently experimenting with some legacy tech and I'm having fun getting to know OS/2 again. I previously used this in the mid-90's whilst at University in the UK.

Finding OS/2 tape backup programs has been incredibly challenging, but one of them that I keep coming across is Sytos Premium for OS/2.

Sytos Premium was originally created by Sytor but was sold first to Arcada, then to Seagate, and then to Veritas as part of the Seagate Software acquisition.

One of the last known versions of Sytos Premium was Sytos Premium 2.2a and its installer is included on a genuine Veritas Backup Exec 7.3 CD that I have. Unfortunately my genuine Vertias Backup Exec 7.3 is for Windows NT, and the provided serial number doesn't work to activate the version of Sytos Premium 2.2a that's included on the same CD.

Does anyone know if Veritas still provide serial numbers for Sytos Premium? I'm hoping it will work with my Iomega 2GB Parallel Port tape drive, but the installer won't proceed without a valid serial number so I don't have any way of confirming.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome!.

Thanks,

Richard.

2 Replies

• Hi
    Sytos Premium is nearly 25 years old and not been further developed.
    Sorry VRTS does no longer provide license keys for a 25 year old software.
    If there is someone out there who has such an old license key somewhere lying around I cannot answer.