Forum Discussion

Morgoth
Level 4
13 years ago

"the query for ResourceContainer failed" BE2012 - Clean Install

Hi All,

just want to share the problem i have with BE 2012.

It is a clean fresh installation on clean newly installed Win2008 R2 SP1 (all pre-checks passed fine).

After remote push of 2 agents and creation oddedupe folder, the console reports error in lower left corner of the screen saying : "The query for ResourceContainer failed".
The result is that nothing is visible inside GUI anyomore (groups, agents, jobs...).

Debugging shows : 

MANAGEME: [03.27.12 15:00:28] [0000] ERROR: Reason: DataAccess DataAccessBEServer QueryResourceContainer: caught an exception:Invalid column name 'finaljobstatus'..

MANAGEME: [03.27.12 15:00:28] [0000] ERROR: Stack: at BackupExec.Management.Components.DataAccess.DataAccessBEServer.QueryResourceContainer(ItemCriteria& queryInfo)

I have tried reinstall, removal of installation, deletition of profile, registry keys, deletition of all associated folders and tried a clean install, also i have trye dusing another SQL server as opposed to using SQL express,  but always the same error appears (will have to rebuild the server form scratch it seems).

Any ideas? Ayone seen this before?

Thanks.

All the best,

Kresimir

• Ok.. Solved.

The SQL express database which BE installs (and any other) inherits collation settings from Language for non-Unicode programs setting (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143311(v=sql.90).aspx ). Therefore if you have some other regional setting, the SQL express database of BE inherits these setings and the BE 2012 cannot work with "non-standard" collations.

The collation of SQL Express database which i am now using is (English US) so all is OK now.

Thanks for your replays.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Ok.. Solved.

The SQL express database which BE installs (and any other) inherits collation settings from Language for non-Unicode programs setting (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143311(v=sql.90).aspx ). Therefore if you have some other regional setting, the SQL express database of BE inherits these setings and the BE 2012 cannot work with "non-standard" collations.

The collation of SQL Express database which i am now using is (English US) so all is OK now.

Thanks for your replays.

• I had simlar error:

"An error with the Backup Exec administration console has occurred. The administration console will close when you click OK. To restart the console, click the Backup Exec icon or click Start > All Programs > Veritas Backup Exec.
    The query for ResourceContainer failed.
    The query for Last7Days failed"

I ran BEutility.exe (avaliable in your Veritas BackupExec folder)  to check database consitency and then compact database followed by another consistency check. After following above steps, error is gone and BE version 16 is working fine on Windows Std Server 2016. 

Here is the link: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100020074.html