Forum Discussion

ComdaIT
Level 3
10 years ago

V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes. *********** is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

Hi,

We use BackupExec 2012 SP4 to backup (with an agent installed) a 2008 r2 server that holds among other things a small sql (CCSSQL). 

The schedualed backup of the server usually fails with the response code: V-79-57344-34108, An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes. 

But, whenever I choose to manually backup it, by clicking on 'Run next backup now', the job is always succesful. 

The job fails because it cannot verify a couple of files, but I have to backup them, they seem to be important. 

i've already tried all the the KB regarding code V-79-57344-34108 and non of them seem to apply to my problem.

Did any one encounter such a mystery? 

Many Thanks,

Nadav.

• Hi all,

@maurijo : by "worse" I meant it didn't backup at all.

eventually as I stated earlier, I did follow the advices here and splitted up the jobs to SQL only and Non-SQL jobs. Although it kept on failing, I decided to change the schedualed time of the non SQL files.

Thus, the only sql job is set to run at 01:15 and with enough space in between the non sql job is set to 05:30. 

For the past 2 days the 2 jobs were succesful with out my interference. 

Thank you all for your suggestions. 

18 Replies