Forum Discussion

FORGIVEN
Level 4
13 years ago

Where are the Linux logs?

Using BEWS 12 with linux agents on SLES11. Installed the 64 bit agent and started ./VRTSralus.init start, then login to the BEWS and run the backup job for said linux server and there is always a communication error or agent may not be running error. I login to the linux server and start BE agent. The agent never seems to stay running. Where would i find the logs to see what is going on? I looked on the linux server /var/logs/messages, nothing found in reference to BE agent. Are there any issues with the 64 bit agent on SLES11. Oh, btw, it is BEWS12 agent.

I started beremote with debug options and tried to browse the linux server using the BEWS, the debug file just cuts off, i never see the error! This server has 2 NICs in it; 1 on the trusted network which is where the BEWS is and 1 on the optional network. A netstat shows beremote bound to 0.0.0.0. Is there a way to bind beremote to 1 ip? And would this even help.

2 Replies

• Just saw your post pkh....

Bummer, i dont think we are on a mait. contract but i will check with the boss. Thanks