Forum Discussion

js_newc
Level 4
12 years ago

Why was Hot Fix 199190 removed from download?

I applied this hot fix to my CASO server yesterday and when I went to LiveUpdate today to update my MMS's, that hot fix was no longer listed.  Under the link for this hot fix  http://www.symantec.com...
    12 years ago

Currently this was withdrawn due to one customer reporting a process crash that may or may not be related to the Hotfix. As it was tested on multiple servers prior to release without seeing this problem, we need to investigate further before we can confirm the details. As such it was withdrawn just as a precaution and if you have already installed it and have not seen any instability of the processes than it is likely you are not seeing the problem.

However as you have a CASO/MMS setup I will ask internally what the recommended advice currently is.

EDIT:

OK current advice is to get your systems onto same patch level this means either

1) Uninstall Hotfix 199190 from the CASO (which will probably need a reboot)

OR

2) Log a support case mentioning this forum thread (and my answer) and ask for an escalation to be issued with a manual download of the Hotfix (this of course does have a limited risk that you might experience the crash condition) Also note: the support case will have to reach Backline level within Symantec to actually get the Hotfix manually released and it may not be me dealing with you depending on what region you are located in.