Forum Discussion

CP3P0
Level 3
6 years ago

Cannot complete setup GCP 2.0.2

Hi,

I am having troubles deploying cloudpoint 2.0.2 on GCP via cloud launcher. We have a VPN setup to our VPC. I can access the initial setup webpage via the Internal IP. After entering an email address and password, the installer starts. Then the circle gets to 89% and then a red banner appears at the bottom that says "failed to connect to telemetry." I am then taken back to the initial configuration page. I enter the same username and password, click configure again, and nothing happens. Reboot the host and try the initial configuration again, I get "Failed to start flexsnap-rabbitmq."

I cannot ssh using the google cloud console.

I successfully deployed 2.0.1 through gcp cloud launcher but the snapshots were not done on schedule so I thought I would just relaunch it since I hadn't done much setup. Any help getting 2.0.2 to complete the setup would be greatly appreciated.

14 Replies

• Hi CP3P0,

Would you please attach/paste the /cloudpoint/logs/init.log file, that should hopefully provide more info on what happened during the install. 

Thanks,
    Ash

CP3P0
      Level 3

Not sure how to get that for you. I cannot connect to ssh via the gcp console and putty fails saying not auth modes supported.

Ash_R
        Level 3

Sorry CP3P0, I clearly am bad at reading messages, just saw that you had mentioned you can't ssh into the host. 

Since you can't actually ssh into the host, there is nothing much you can do. 

I would probably check if right keys are being used and the username used is ubuntu (not root). 

Apart from that, your best bet would be to reach out to the Veritas Sales rep that helped you with this. If this is something you tried on your own and you don't have a Sales rep, you can request a sales rep to call you and help you setup a Proof of Concept : https://www.veritas.com/form/requestacall/requestacall.html?cid=300000758729315

Hoping the issue is with SSH keys or the username :)

Cheers,
        Ash

Ash_R
      Level 3

Hi CP3P0,

I just tested this out and I am running into the same issue. It does seem like an issue with the Binary itself. 

Just thought would let you know .. its not you ... :D 

CP3P0
        Level 3

OK. Glad for that as there are only a few options in cloud launcher. Hard to mess it up. I did email my CAM and SE a while ago but nobody ever responded. Thats why I came here.