Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Accedently deleted main.cf file

Hi Team,

Please suggest if somebody manuly deleted main.cf file. Do cluster down, or what would be the impact on the cluster?

mikebounds
    8 years ago

Deleting main.cf has no effect on running cluster as config is held in memory.  You can re-create main.cf by just running "haconf -dump".  If you didn't recreate before restarting VCS, main.cf is on all nodes so you can just start cluster from VCS from node that has main.cf.  They are also other copies of main.cf  - main.cf.previous and main.cf.timestamp and you can also generate main.cf from main.cmd (using hacf -cmdtocf /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config).

Mike

3 Replies

allaboutunix
      Level 6

Marianne.. This time I was asking that whether  cluster will down or not. I line I added, have some confusion :)

Thanks..

mikebounds
        Level 6

Deleting main.cf has no effect on running cluster as config is held in memory.  You can re-create main.cf by just running "haconf -dump".  If you didn't recreate before restarting VCS, main.cf is on all nodes so you can just start cluster from VCS from node that has main.cf.  They are also other copies of main.cf  - main.cf.previous and main.cf.timestamp and you can also generate main.cf from main.cmd (using hacf -cmdtocf /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config).

Mike