Forum Discussion

9 years ago

CleanProgram Attribute for Application Resource

Hi, I am in need for more detailed information on the CleanProgram Attribute for the Application Resource. I could not find any information in the documentation (including the Application Agent...
    9 years ago

Hi,

My answers

• When does the CleanProgram kicks in?
      Is it only when the StopProgram fails multiple times as definied in the xx?

>> This is right, think of clean like a corrective action. For e.g if stop program is defined to stop an application however agent is still finding that process exists (pid). You can define a clean program to kill the PID. It will come in play only when stoprogram has executed yet VCS monitor script finds that resource is not returning an offline state (status code 100).

• Can I include a new start of my actual application?
      Or will this be done by the StartProgram Attribute?

>> As mentioned in previous point, after a clean program, a monitor program will execute, it would assume to find an offline state (100), so I would suggest to use StartProgram attribute to start your application once a clean shutdown of application has happened.

• Should you include any Veritas exit code to return the status to Veritas Cluster Server?
      Or can I just trust my MonitorProgram to handle this?

>> It must have Veritas exit codes (100 & 110)

• Are there any sample CleanPrograms available?

>> you can create simple 3-4 line clean script .. one e.g. can be found on this link

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/clean-script-exiting-abnormally-exit-code-0x9