Level 4
14 years ago

problem installing vcs simulator

hi all 

i am getting error while installing vcs simulator

does anybody have step b y step procedure 

i've attached screenshots of the errors i am getting

thanxs in advance

• Windows 7 has User Access Control similar to W2008. Basically everything has to be right-clicked an 'Run As Administrator'.

I have completely disabled UAC on my laptop. I have installed the Simulator that comes with SFW/HA 5.1SP1_Slipstream package - working fine for me (without UAC).

8 Replies

• Which O/S on your desktop?

Which version of VCS simulator?

How did you go about to add 'sandy' to the simulator?

• Apologies - you actually asked for a step-by-step guide....

All I could find was a chapter in the VCS Admin Guide.

See if this helps - chapter 11 of: https://vos.symantec.com/public/documents/sf/5.1/windows/pdf/VCS_Admin.pdf

• the simulator version is the latest one 5.0

and marriane thanxs for the link

i'll go through it and let you know the if any problem is there

thanx

• hi

i have attached the error screenshot below

i added new cluster with name new and assigned a random port no with WAC disabled

it says that it cant edit the configuration file i checked the configuration file its available

• Did u log on to windows using Administrator user ? or what ever user you are logged in with, does it have administrator privilages ?

when you installed simulator, installation went clean without any errors ?

Gaurav

• Windows 7 has User Access Control similar to W2008. Basically everything has to be right-clicked an 'Run As Administrator'.

I have completely disabled UAC on my laptop. I have installed the Simulator that comes with SFW/HA 5.1SP1_Slipstream package - working fine for me (without UAC).