Forum Discussion

sam321
Level 4
14 years ago

steps to configure vcs on solaris from scratch

Hi  Guys I have 2 V240 solaris boxes and a sun storage 3510 I want to confugure 2 node cluster on them Can anybody have a cheetsheet or command reference to do so from scratch i have the vcs ...
    14 years ago

The installation guide is your friend: https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sf/5.1/solaris/pdf/sf_install.pdf

Have you installed any products yet?  Hopefully you have SF/HA license to manage your storage as well the cluster?

Have a look at the following topics in the installation guide:

Chapter 2 Planning to install the Storage Foundation and High Availability products

Chapter 3 System requirements

Chapter 4 Preparing your systems for installation

Chapter 5 Installing Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions using the common product installer

Chapter 8 Preparing to configure Storage Foundation and High Availability

Chapter 9 Configuring Storage Foundation and High Availability products

So - if all pre-req's are in place, e.g. at least 2 NIC's for hearbeat/interconnects plus at least one NIC for public comms, ssh, configured for no-password comms between cluster node (see Install Guide for all requirements), you can use 'installer' to install and configure Storage Foundation and VCS.

At the end of the installation, you will receive the following prompt:

Would you like to configure SFHA on host1 host2? [y,n,q] (n) y
    If you select y to configure now, respond to the prompts to configure the cluster.

See “Configuring Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions” on page 109.

You will be prompted for basic configuration info :

Cluster name
    Cluster id
    NIC's on each system to be used for interconnects, etc...

At the end of the configuration, LLT, GAB and vcs will be started.

At this point you can proceed with configuration of service groups (as per vcs admin guide).