Forum Discussion

ediaz
Level 3
13 years ago

The standard license of cluster include Veritas volumen manager of VXFS?

Hi I have this license, and I am mounting Veritas Cluster.

VRTS CLUSTER SERVER 5.1 S64LNX PER CPU TIER 2 STD LIC EXPRESS

I is possible know if include Veritas volume management, and veritas file system? and DMP ?

regards!!

offert Not I don't have the serial number, because only are a offer.

regards!

• above line indicates you only have Veritas Cluster server 5.1 standard license .....if you have received a key with this & if you install that key with "vxlicinst" command .... you will only get license of veritas cluster server ... once license is installed, you can see the same in

# vxlicrep -e

G

5 Replies

• VRTS CLUSTER SERVER (VCS) does not include Veritas volume management (VxVM), and veritas file system (VxFS)?

The licence SFHA includes VxVM & VxFS (this is SF - Storage Foundation) and VCS (HA - High Availabilty that VCS provides)

DMP is a free part of VxVM, although can now be purchased separately for non VxVM LUNs.

If you apply license to a system, then vxlicrep will show you want it provides including products and features.

Mike

• Not possible, as Mike pointed, you may  want to use Storage Foundation for  HA license to get volume manager , cluster , filesystem & DMP...

G

• I am not clear as you said:

whit this information can i know what products are included?

"VRTS CLUSTER SERVER 5.1 S64LNX PER CPU TIER 2 STD LIC EXPRESS"

or may be have the license to check which vxlicrep?

as you know I don't have the license yet.

Thanks

• above line indicates you only have Veritas Cluster server 5.1 standard license .....if you have received a key with this & if you install that key with "vxlicinst" command .... you will only get license of veritas cluster server ... once license is installed, you can see the same in

# vxlicrep -e

G

• Only VCS (CLUSTER SERVER) is included, not Vxvm (or DMP), or vxfs

Mike