Forum Discussion

yairz
Level 4
11 years ago

Using VCS Resources to Mount NFSv4 Exports

Hi all,   I have a two node VCS cluster running on RHEL 5 (VCS version 6). I need the cluster to use the Mount resource to mount an NFSv4 exported FS from a NetApp filer. I couldn't find any ...
    11 years ago

I agree, same thing I mentioned in previous post as "For mount agent, specifying FSType would only be set to "nfs" as there is no option to put nfs4 as filesystem"

I believe this would be an input for documentation team to correct the line which says "mount -t nfs4". a normal "nfs" mount option should work here, rest NFSv4 things would be taken care of other things which you will need to do as explained in my previous post.

G

11 years ago

I have had a look at my VCS 5.1 RHEL system and looked at the /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/Mount/Mount.xml file - this is the file the Java GUI uses to show you the desciption of VCS attributes and their allowable values.

In the XML, it lists nfs4 (as well as nfs) as a possible value for FSType, so it looks as though the Bundled agents guide has not been updated to reflect that you can use nfs4.

So, just specify "nfs4" in FSType and this should work.

Mike