Forum Discussion

akiro
Level 3
12 years ago

Veritas Cluster Manager on Mandriva

Hi all,

I'ìll try to find a solution about this issue on a Mandriva 2010.2 (KDE 4.4.5), with also java 1.6.0_26-b03.

I installed the package of Veritas Cluster Server Java Console for Linux (VCS_Cluster_Manager_Java_Console_6.0.SP1_for_Linux.rpm) but I cannot access to cluster.

Every time that I try to connect, after login, I see this error:

Connection with server is half-down.

Trying to restore connection

I read that probably is a problem with java but I tried a lot of version...

Thanks in advance,

ps. I cannot use VOM. :(

• I resolved using the eth0 interface instead of wlan0, and correcting a silly error on vpnc.conf (wrong IPSEC gateway: ip address instead dns alias) to connect the server.

Bye

3 Replies

• I have seen this before with bad network connections or where "had" is busy.  I assume you are running hagui on your Mandriva client, but if you are running "hagui" on the cluster node and trying to X display back to Mandriva client, then this transmits more network traffic than running hagui on the actual client - so can cause issues where there is low bandwidth.

"had" daemon can be busy if you have lots of service groups and/or resources or if system is busy.

Mike

• I resolved using the eth0 interface instead of wlan0, and correcting a silly error on vpnc.conf (wrong IPSEC gateway: ip address instead dns alias) to connect the server.

Bye