Forum Discussion

Next012
Level 3
11 years ago

CA Random Sampling (Last Sample) Not Progressing

Hello all,   This issue started happening a week or so back and we've tried a number of the resolutions available through Symantec's knowledge base that generally work after a restart of the data...
    11 years ago

I'm looking at the dtrace and see it was run on machine remora.  I presume this is the EV server as there are no lines with AcceleratorService threads.

Please run the dtrace from the CA server's Command Prompt as follows:

1. Log onto the CA server as the Vault Service Account (VSA) if you've logged on as some other account.
    2. Open a Command Prompt.
    3. Change the location within the Command Prompt to the EV installation folder (default location on 64-bit OS is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault' or on 32-bit OS is 'C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault').
    4. Type dtrace at the Command Prompt and press the Enter key.
    5. At the 'DT>' prompt, type the letter v and press the Enter key.
    6. Scroll up throgh the listing of processes as needed to locate the AcceleratorService process and note the number associated to it (typically, this would be the number 2).  Note that will have to manually type the process name at the next prompt if you don't use the 'v' (for View) option to assign a shortcut process number to each process.
    7. At the 'DT>' prompt, type 'set 2 v', without the single quotes and replacing the number 2 with the number associated with the AcceleratorService process if that number is other than 2.
    8. Press the Enter key to complete the process logging selection.
    9. At the 'DT>' prompt, type 'log C:\Logs\AcceleratorServiceSamplingIssue.log', without the single quotes and using the drive letter, folder path and file name of your choice (we just ask that you have the extension as '.log').
    10. Press the Enter key to complete the log file specification and start the actual logging.
    11. At the 'DT>' prompt, type 'Mon' and press the Enter key to monitor the process log entries.
    12. Let the dtrace run for about 10 minutes, monitoring the log through use of the 'Mon' command.
    13. Look carefully as the information may scroll by quickly at times and slowly at others, but you'll be looking for Step 6, then Step 7.  If the processing gets to Step 7, it should complete soon (within a couple of hours or so, depending on the amount of data it has yet to process).
    14. If you see Step 7, you can stop the dtrace and delete it as we know the processing will complete.
    15. If you see any out of memory errors in Step 6, you'll need a Support ticket for us to help you clear the tables and reset Sampling.
    16. To stop the monitoring, just hold the Ctrl key and press the C key.  This combination may have to be tried a few times if the system is busy scrolling lines across the screen.
    17. To end the logging, just type 'log' at the 'DT>' prompt and press the Enter key twice.

I'm hoping you'll report back that the Step 7 has appeared, but I'm ready to review the dtrace log if needed.