Forum Discussion

3 years ago

DLO 9.5 trial install fail: "SQL Express installation failed. Installation will Terminate"

Installing on brand new test vm in vsphere. Vm is Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Enterprise.  I am full admin, I’m installing the setup as admin. Created an AD User for the DLO Service account; gav...
    3 years ago

I am pleased to hear you managed to establish the cause. I assume that allowed you to complete the installation of DLO successfully now ?

I have checked into this and was able to reproduce the issue seen, so have raised this with our Engineering team. They have confirmed there appears to be an issue with the string passed for the creation of the SQL instance and any data after a space is being seen as a separate parameter and fails the installation. The workaround is, as you established, to change the AD account password not to have a space in that, for the purposes of the installation. If that is required, that could be changed back again after the installation has completed and Properties of the services using that account, manually changed to enter the password with space(s) again.

We currently do not have any article or recommendations on passwords criteria, but an article will be raised detailing this issue and the Engineering team have committed to resolve this in the release of DLO due later in the year (there is a version due very soon, but unfortunately we will be unable to include this change in that release).

3 years ago

Yes, thanks. I also reported this to one of your Product Managers who is providing some info on DLO while we demo this for enterprise usage. I would still recommend mentioning pw criteria somewhere, like the Admin Guide if nowhere else - eg "All DLO server pw criteria is the same as that found in Windows AD".