Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Discovery Accelerator 10.4 client failing after upgrade

First had the issue with installing, but go around that following the command line install method here.   https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/accelerator-install-requires-uac-be-turn...
    10 years ago

Hello, mstawchansky;

You've not provided an update in over a month, so I'm hoping you've been able to work through this issue to get it successfully resolved.  If not, here is some additional information that may be of help.

As you mentioned, the client installation was successful.  That is seen in the intallation log that you provided.  The log shows the folder containing the installation '.msi' file is  'C:\DA\' and that the installation file is named 'Symantec Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator Client.msi'.  The installation path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator\', which tells me that you're using the command line to install the DA Client using the TARGETDIR argrument.  I also see that you're using the ALLUSERS=1 argument so that any user of the machine can launch the DA Client.

The report also tells me that

1. you are installing the DA 10.0.4 Client.  If you have any cumulative hotfix (CHF) installed on the DA server, you'll need to install that CHF's version of the DA Client.

2. it appears that you may be using roaming profiles, such as being logged onto a Citrix server.  Please note that we don't officially support the DA Client installation on a Citrix (or Terminal Services) server as there can be other issues experienced with such an installation.

If you've not been able to resolve this issue successfully, please provide us with the client trace log so we can see if there are any errors thrown into it when the client crashes.  Let us know if you need the location of that client trace log, please.