Forum Discussion

ryonlane
Level 2
6 years ago

Windows 2008 R2 being EOL'd January 2020 - paths to upgrade current Clearwell servers in the wild?

Hi everyone -

IHAC who has proactively inquired about paths to upgrade Windows servers currently running Windows 2008 R2.

With Win2K8R2 being EOL'd Jan. 2020, has Windows 2012 been approved as a supported OS?

Thank you,
Ryon

• Hi ryonlane AndrewB ,

I wanted to come back to this thread to let you know that as of the eDiscovery Platform 9.5 release on March 30, 2020 https://vox.veritas.com/t5/eDiscovery-Platform/eDiscovery-Platform-9-5-General-Availability/m-p/877392, support for Windows 2016 is now available and Windows 2008 R2 has been deprecated. 

Support for Windows Server 2016

• Provides the ability to install eDiscovery Platform on Windows Server 2016 Standard or Data Center Editions.
    • Windows Server 2012 Standard or Data Center Editions will also continue to be supported platforms.

Deprecated Features

While there are several features and options that eDiscovery Platform 9.5 is deprecating, the major option is that Windows 2008 R2 is no longer a supported install platform.

9 Replies

• All, we might not done with the certification until Q3 CY 2020 so we are thinking of certifying on Windows Server 2019R2 instead. Wanted to get your input on this and if your institutions are going to allow deployment of Windows 2019 by that time?

AndrewB

based on my customers' feedback, dont skip 2016. if you have any further updates, we'd love to know.

• Hi ryonlane,

Windows 2012 R2 (Standard or Data Center edition) has been supported since version 8.1.1.

Did you mean Windows 2016 possibly? If so, it's on the more immediate roadmap, but not sure exactly when and how.

ryonlane
      Level 2

Hey Jimmy -

Thanks for your reply. Yes, good catch - I meant Win2K16. Would you please update this thread when Windows 2016 is supported or when there's a commited date to do so?

Thanks,
      Ryon

JimmyClearwell
        Level 5

Hi ryonlane AndrewB ,

I wanted to come back to this thread to let you know that as of the eDiscovery Platform 9.5 release on March 30, 2020 https://vox.veritas.com/t5/eDiscovery-Platform/eDiscovery-Platform-9-5-General-Availability/m-p/877392, support for Windows 2016 is now available and Windows 2008 R2 has been deprecated. 

Support for Windows Server 2016

• Provides the ability to install eDiscovery Platform on Windows Server 2016 Standard or Data Center Editions.
        • Windows Server 2012 Standard or Data Center Editions will also continue to be supported platforms.

Deprecated Features

While there are several features and options that eDiscovery Platform 9.5 is deprecating, the major option is that Windows 2008 R2 is no longer a supported install platform.