Forum Discussion

jerrys79
Level 4
10 years ago

Does anyone actually use EV.cloud or just the on premise EV?

I am researching an email archiving system for my company.  Our reseller recommends EV.  I agree that EV is a great enterprise level product but feel it might be too high end for our medium sized com...
    10 years ago

my 0.02$ here... first of all, sounds like you need to be working with a partner that knows the solutions they're selling to you.

second, you can't base EV.cloud's success off of the support forums. it's a cloud service and hardly requires anything from you in terms of support - really. once its setup, which can be in a few short hours, that's pretty much it.

we have many customers on both solutions. some net new to both, some went from EV to EV.cloud. i'd be happy to help fill any gaps or answer any questions if you want to drop me a PM.

10 years ago

for what its worth... Office365 has been down, Netflix has been down, AWS has been down, PS3 network has been down. the list goes on. "the cloud" is not some magical unicorn. it's just in someone else's data center.

to be clear in this case, however, data still flowed in and out, it was just user access that was impacted. Symantec has stepped up and is crediting 3x$ back to the affected customers for the outage. I think that's the true sign of a company you want to do business with.

customers and partners were notified with the outage details you're asking about. if you're not a .Cloud customer, you wouldn't get a memo. i dont know if its on the public website yet but your Symantec partner should have this information. again, if you're not satisfied with the value you're getting from your partner, drop me a PM and maybe my company can help.