Forum Discussion

Mark786
Level 3
14 years ago

Puredisk Hardware Migration

The current environment consists of two all-in-one servers running Netbackup Puredisk 6.5.1.2. Server 1 replicates to Server 2. New hardware (Server 3) has been purchased to replace Server 1. W...
    14 years ago

Sorry for delay in Reply.

You will just need to

1. Create replicated Datasets from Server 1 to Server 3

2. The [r] servername.com.au is effectively a new agent with the same data as the one on Server 1, so if you move backups of the "servername.com.au" to the Server 3, Puredisk sees this as an entirely new Agent. All your doing by replicating the data is helping to populate the finger print database on Server 3. This way when "servername,com.au" backs up to server 3, it allready has a lot of the data stored.

As for sticking with 6.5.1.2 , I would say no. Id personally upgrade to 6.6  then 6.6.0.3 (6.6.1 still has some nasty bugs and I wish I had of waited but anyway) . 6.6 Series of PD has better replication policy and does the job faster then 6.5.1.2 does.

After "servername.com.au" is backing up fine to the server you can delete the [r] servername.com.au agent as it wont be required any more. Dont forget to run the Data Selection Removal Policy after deleting any agents etc.