Forum Discussion

traghav86
Level 5
7 years ago

5220 Optimized duplication between 2 Applianc

Good day 

Please assist how to setup 5220 Optimized duplication between 2 Appliance.

i need to duplicate all images from A to B. both FC zoning on Slot 2 has been done. Please provide required steps to setup.

this procedure am using to seed the data between applaince to avoid AIR issues as we running with low bandwidth.

or can i use catalog duplication for data seeding process ? the reason am using optimized to avoid LAN traffic.

• I don't have details to hand but there is a CLISH command to get Appliance FC stats. Should not be hard to find.
    Also I recall duplications over FC are not optimised, i.e. all data is sent which is then deduplicated on the target side

BR Andrew

7 Replies

•  

You didnot mention your NBU/Appliance version?
    Auto Image Replication to MSDP/5200 Series or 5300 Series over Fibre Channel (FC) is supported as from 2.7.3.

The steps to configure can be found in the Appliance Fibre Channel Guide for your version.

Look for:
    Configuring Fibre Transport to other NetBackup appliances

traghav86
      Level 5

HI Marriane

NBU version is 2.73 . but just wondering how can i run duplication ? is it same procedure as normal duplicate from "catalog" window or any other.

i tried from catalog window but failing with error 190 

12:11:47 Duplicate started 10/26/2017 12:11:47
      12:11:47 Activity monitor job id = 2754748
      12:11:48 INF - Skipping backup id XXXX_1XXXX, it is a lifecycle image that cannot be manually duplicated

Marianne
        Level 6

It seems you have already configured duplication via SLP. 

As per the error message - you cannot manually duplicate images under SLP control.

If you have configured the Appliances correctly for FC duplication, then you can verify by monitoring FC traffic when the duplication is running.