Forum Discussion

manmah
Level 2
5 days ago

command: bperror

Hello,

I noticed when trying to execute the command bperror -client clientname -d startdate -e enddate ecc,
that the output only shows backup with a maximum of 5 days before the specified end date. Even if I use the parameter -hoursago instead of the date,
it only shows 5 days before.
In the Activity Monitor (Windows), I can go back several days.
Atm we are still using Netbackup 9.1.0.1, but will soon be upgrading to 10.4.
However, I use the command in a script, which outputs / sends a simple report for only one customer. Atm is the report created with OPSCenter and itsn not profitable for us to buy the IT Analytics addon for the future.

I went through some other threads in the Netbackup community and googled the problem but haven't found a solution for this strange problem.
I also checked the netbackup config, but there seams everything ok.
Maybe someone has a advice or any additional input to help identify the issue.

2 Replies

• open java UI and navigate to

Host properties -> master server -> properties -> logging and check the retention value

if you need the bperror to report more days you have to adjust this setting. But it will alter the retention of all logs in netbackup

davidmoline
      Level 6

Hi manmah 

Further to StefanosM  reply - the bperror command parses the log files located in <INSTALL_DIR>\NetBackup\db\error. The log files are of the format log_<ctime>. 

If you need to look at historical logs and have a backup of this area (the catalog backup includes this folder), you can restore the files to their original location and run your bperror command with a longer timeframe (if you do this you may want to restore to a different location first and copy to the original as the system may purge them again). 

Cheers
      David