Forum Discussion

Aurelien59
Level 4
6 years ago

After successful BMR recovery, the client system fails to reboot with blue screen

Hi all,

I permitted myself to copy the title of this TN : https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000007168 assuming that the problem is the same but the reasons are apparently different. And, i don't understand where/what is my problem...

here is the BMRRST log attached

Please help :)

For info, we are running nbu 8.0 on both master and media servers, and the client is running 7.6.0.3.

4 Replies

• BMR required a lot of hand-on practice as there are a lot of pre-conditions that need to be in place.

Source and destination system - how different are threy hardware wise ?

Aurelien59
      Level 4

Hi Nicolai and thanks for replying.

I regularly perform BMR restores. Also, it is the only machine (so far anyway) that raises me this problem particulary.

What I can say about the hardware is that the serial number of both model (backup & restore) are the same, as hard drives and the rest of hardware config, both OS are Win 7 64bit.

Nicolai

Then it going to be difficult to debug. When bmrrst does not contain any clue on whats went wrong, you are bascially blinded. Maybe consider to log a call with Veritas ?