Forum Discussion

Ericx22x
Level 4
16 years ago

An invalid argument was encountered

When i try to check the tapes in the robot, by clicking on Media>Robots>TLD (0) i get this message: "An invalid argument was encountered".  This happens on a media server, Netbackup version 6.5.1.  I restarted all the netbackup services and the problems still exists? should i reinstall netbackup software?

thanks

• solved it:  went into the registry and deleted NBPmedia from (hkey_current_user\software\veritas\netbackup\, when you open NBconsole again it recreates it.

2 Replies

• Hi, don,t need to do that, just ensure that robot and drives are appearing on SO and on NBU CLI, run Device Configuration Wizard again for this Media Server, to re-scan the device paths. Probably the device SCSI address is now different on SO so, NBU cannot find that. Running that wizard again will solve the problem.

If possibly, lock the device address on HBA utility locate on client (if is the case) for the devices. This action will prevent this issue to happen again. 

Message Edited by Raphael Carvalho on 01-22-2009 06:39 AM
  • solved it:  went into the registry and deleted NBPmedia from (hkey_current_user\software\veritas\netbackup\, when you open NBconsole again it recreates it.