Forum Discussion

Alaaeddine
Level 2
4 years ago

bppllist: must be superuser to execute

Hi All,

I have a problem with setting a new account with superuser authontifictaion to execute commands on netbackup!

The new account is srv-ctlm

[srv-ctlm@******** admincmd]$ /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppllist
bppllist: must be superuser to execute

here down, you will find how i set the new acount in the auth.conf file : 

[srv-ctlm@********* netbackup]$ cd /usr/openv/java/
[srv-ctlm@********* java]$ cat auth.conf
#Pas de tab dans ce fichier, seulement des espaces
root ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL
srv-ctlm ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL
* ADMIN=JBP JBP=ENDUSER+BU+ARC

i need your help please :(

Best Regards 
Alaaeddine

Nicolai
    4 years ago

hi Alaaeddine 

I think there is a optiion, it is called Enhanced Auditing

Taken from the Security and Encryption Guide:

This feature allows a non-root user or a non-administrator to perform all the NetBackup operations through a command-line interface or the NetBackup Administration Console. The user is authorized to either perform all operations or no operations. This feature does not offer role-based access control.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/21733320-132525226-0/v101261421-132525226

Best Regards
    Nicolai

5 Replies

• auth.conf file is only to  provide admin access on Netbackup java console, it does not provide the admin/super user access for command line, you need to be root user or sudo root privilages user to run some of the admin related command in netbackup CLI.

Alaaeddine
      Level 2

Hi RamNagalla,

Thanks for the feedback but is there anoter way without using the root user ?

the root user is for administration and we want to keep it just for that.

I find it strange that we can't be free to use other users to run app commands like "bppllist"  :(

Best Regards 

Alaaeddine BELLARADH

Nicolai

hi Alaaeddine 

I think there is a optiion, it is called Enhanced Auditing

Taken from the Security and Encryption Guide:

This feature allows a non-root user or a non-administrator to perform all the NetBackup operations through a command-line interface or the NetBackup Administration Console. The user is authorized to either perform all operations or no operations. This feature does not offer role-based access control.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/21733320-132525226-0/v101261421-132525226

Best Regards
        Nicolai