Forum Discussion

perez_cmz
Level 6
10 years ago

Cancelling a non-SLP duplication

I'm attempting to cancel a non-SLP duplication job with the following command, but it just hangs.

bpdbjobs -cancel 240936214 |type=DUP|

I initiated the duplication job from the gui. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• kill 3242
    or 
    kill -9 3242

Try kill without -9 first as this will try to do a proper process cleanup including closing of network ports.

Read up at OS level about kill command and its options:
    man kill

6 Replies

• There may be a problem with master connecting to media server(s) to cancel/kill processes.

bpdbjobs should also list the PID of the job on the master server. 
    Use bpps or ps -ef to see if the process is still active and kill the PID.

You may want to check for bpbrm and bptm processes on media server(s) and kill them manually as last resort.

• I have the PID, but what is the bpps or ps command to kill the pid ?

• bpps shows netbackup processes running. So use this to get the pid and also to verify that the netbackup processes are gone.

to kill it, it depends on what OS your running. If its windows, you can use the task manager in windows or taskkill from the command line. If its linux, run kill or if it wont die, kill -9 to kill the pid.

• I ran the bpps command and one of the lines that related to my issue was the following.

root 3242 1 0 17-Oct ? 0:00:06 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd//bpduplicate -X -s 971711983 -e 1413604799 -cn 4 -id 016269 -M nmadep11.zit.commerzbank.com -number_copies 1 -dstunit US_NYK_MS2_PTL17_LTO5 -dp US_NYK_DUP_LTO5 -owner *ANY* -fail_on_error 0 -rl -1 -L /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/ga2peio/logs/jbpDuplicate-20141017153652.log -Bidfile /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/ga2peio/logs/jbp-07467413574624054697000000273-ewWfSu -fork

What is the command to kill the pid ?

• kill 3242
    or 
    kill -9 3242

Try kill without -9 first as this will try to do a proper process cleanup including closing of network ports.

Read up at OS level about kill command and its options:
    man kill