Forum Discussion

perez_cmz
Level 6
11 years ago

Cleaning tapes not showing up in Netbackup

I've labeled new cleaning tapes, inventoried the library, but they do not show up in the "None" or the "Media" volume pool. I do see them in the tape library. The new cleaning tapes begin with CLN...
    11 years ago

The CAP/ MAP is the small 'door' on a library used to add /remove tapes without opening the main door.  Not all libraries have these (not usually found on 'small' libraries'.

If you post robtest / s s  command it will confirm what I and Marianne are thinking.

In a nutshell ...

I (and I suspect the wonderful Marianne) imaging thet the cleaning tapes are in the libraries own cleaning slots, these are special slots the library does not show the contents of these slot the backup software, hence why netbackup doesnt know about them.  They are used for when the library does the cleaning, not the  backup application.

In some libraries they cannot be changed, you just need to physcally move the cleaning taps into regular data tape slots.  In other libraries, they can be configured, so you can turn them back into regular slots - meaning the tapes in them will then be disclosed to the backup software,

The library documentation will explain how this is done for the particular library you have.