Forum Discussion

Chinni
Level 3
16 years ago

configure hp-ux 11.31 media server manually to solaris masterserver running solaris10 version

Dear All ,

I have installed netbackup 6.5.1 media manager on hp unix v11.31 server and also given entries of master during installation .But not able to authanticate .

Please let me know the files to edit and commands to run in sequence ,to configure hp-unix client to master server [solaris10] .

Please send me the commands and file names to configure in sequence .

Best Regards,

Chinni .

3 Replies

• Check for followng

- your media server is listed as SERVER = mediaservername in bp.conf file of master server. and your media server has SERVER = masterservername as first entry in bp.conf file

- you are able to ping master server from media and vice versa

- hope you have EMM server configured on master server, if it's on different server or on different interface of the same server, make sure you are able to reach to it from media server.

- Forward and reverse DNS lookup for both servers working on both servers

- telnet to vnetd (13724) and PBX (1556) ports from master to media and vice versa is  working

• Its communication issue between two media-server-1 and media-server-2 .

robot is configured for media-server-1 ,drives are shared to media-server-2 .

When the drives are in AVR mode ,i did verify the connectivity between master and two media servers .

But i did,t not run bpclntcmd between two media-servers .I just updated the entries and the problem is fixed .

Thanks for the update .

Best Regards,
    Chinni.
  • Its communication issue between two media-server-1 and media-server-2 .

robot is configured for media-server-1 ,drives are shared to media-server-2 .

When the drives are in AVR mode ,i did verify the connectivity between master and two media servers .

But i did,t not run bpclntcmd between two media-servers .I just updated the entries and the problem is fixed .

Thanks for the update .

Best Regards,
    Chinni.