Forum Discussion

Even
Level 5
13 years ago

Correct install 6.5.4 NDMP agent on hpux 11.23 IA64 ?

The NDMP agent on this platform is supported from 6.5.1, but not on 6.5GA.

But cannot see any other option than installing the (unsupported) 6.5-agent and then patch it to 6.5.4. 

NDMP admin Guide: The NetBackup for NDMP 6.5 software supports Solaris (SPARC only), HP-UX (PA-RISC only),

NBU6.5_add_on_and_options contains only this one for hpux:   /NB_65_UOptions_20070723/vADD/NBNDMP/anb/NDMP/hp_ux

usr/openv/lib/libndmpclient.sl

usr/openv/netbackup/bin/ndmpagent

usr/openv/share/version_ndmp

usr/openv/volmgr/bin/set_ndmp_attr

Am I right?

• Using the Java-GUI we could configure everything. Phuu! .....weekend.

7 Replies

• You are about right - 6.5, patch to 6.5.4 then apply the 6.5.4 NDMP release

Extract From this tech note:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71315

-- Solaris_x86 and HP IA64 support was added in 6.5.1. On these platforms,
    there is no 6.5GA NDMP package. You can install this Release Update
    directly.

• You are 100% correct. I have been searching for the base download for NDMP for HP IA64 and cannot find anything.

If I were in your shoes, I would download 6.5.1 patch :
    NDMP (NB_DMP_6.5.1_294659.tar):  http://support.veritas.com/docs/294659

and attempt to install.

If it works, patch to match rest of installation. If not - open a Support call.....

• works fine, but....

Would like to controle the NDMP backup from a clustered (VCS/SF5.0mp3) master. We could configure the NDMP server and the Shared Tapedevices on one of the cluster-nodes. But could not run the wizard to configure Storage-devices when failed over to other node, "greyed out".

Hmmm, maybe we have to controle the NDMP-Backup from a media-server.

• Hmmm, could configure and ran NDMP backup to Tapedrives SSO'ed with other mediaservers... ok.

Failed over the clustered master to second node, but could not configure NDMP on this one, Greyed out.

Then installed NDMP sw on media server, trying to controle NDMP from this, same error: could not select NDMP in the DeviceConfigWizard, the selection NDMP is now greyed out (cannot select it)....  then...

Tried to reconfigure NDMP controle to first cluster node, that did work on first test.. same, ..now greyed out.

Any ideas anyone?

• Did you remember to add the NDMP license key and install NDMP agent on the second node as well?

I have worked previously with a customer who had a similar scenario on a clustered master server.
    Agents and options sometimes did not work after the failover - just to discover that the customer forgot to duplicate actions on the inactive node.

• Using the Java-GUI we could configure everything. Phuu! .....weekend.