Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Problem putting IP resource online

Hi Guys, I'm very new to this, I have setup Veritas Cluster Server 5.1 for Windows on a two node cluster (should be active passive environment) Hope you could take a look on the attachment for th...
    13 years ago

Thanks guys! Looks like I found what's wrong... I have change the IP address to other IP address seems like it should be a virtual IP address and not the IP address configured as the Public IP that I have assigned on the nodes.

Below are my next concerns:

1. How about to configure the Heartbeat1 and Heartbeat2. According to Symantec Docu, Hearbeat NICs should have no TCP/IP so I disabled it under the Properties NIC menu.Now, I would I configure a Heartbeat resource so we know if this one fails? I believed under MS Clustering the heartbeat is also monitored.. 

2. My next problem is, how about adding a resource for my shared disk? what should be the resources needed and the pareamters to set?

Im trying all of this using a VMWare workstation, where the LUNs (shared disks) came from using StarWind then using the MS SCSi initiator

Thanks guys!.