Forum Discussion

nbuengr2
Level 4
10 years ago

Error code 98 upon Media Erase

Hi All,

Good Day,

I've encountered this error, after configuring the Tape Autoloader on NBU 7.6.0.3. I use the Device wizard to configure the tape.

So for testing purposes, we've try to Erase a Tape and this error occurs.

Error nbjm(pid=9900) NBU Status: 830, EMM Status: No device are available

error requesting media(tpreq)(98)

I've try checking the tape density, all of them were same, HCART3

Any other resolutions?

Thanks

• Can you see the problem? Tape density is DLT instead of HCART3. Add a barcode rule to add new tapes starting with the characters used on barcodes in this robot as hcart3. You will need to delete existing tapes that were added as DLT. You may also want to read up about Media-id Generation rule to add 1st 6 characters of the barcode as media-id rather than the last 6 ( default ).

9 Replies

• In addition to above commands, please also post this output for one of the tapes that you tried to erase: vmquery -m (media-id ) You can also use robtest to test mount and dismount of tapes.
  • Hi

Is it in this location?

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin

• It looke like you configured a robot, but no tape drives was found

Did tape drive show up in the device configuration wizard ?

• Hi, here are the output of the commands

Capture.JPG

Drive 1 (IBM ULT3580 HH6) is the latest tape autoloader that I configured in netbackup

Thanks

• We still need vmquery output for one of the tapes that you tried to erase. Please copy the text in command output rather than a screenshot.
  • Hi all,

here is the output of the vmquery command

555_0.JPG

Sorry cant provide the text format

• Can you see the problem? Tape density is DLT instead of HCART3. Add a barcode rule to add new tapes starting with the characters used on barcodes in this robot as hcart3. You will need to delete existing tapes that were added as DLT. You may also want to read up about Media-id Generation rule to add 1st 6 characters of the barcode as media-id rather than the last 6 ( default ).