Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Error while BMR restore : Failed to create partition

Hello,

I have a client which operating system is Windows 7 and is backed up using Netbackup 7.1 installed in Windows Server 2008 R2.

I need to make a Point In Time restore for this client, so i created the PIT configuration and made all the needed changes to the SRT (missing drivers in first place), and prepared it to be restored.

When i start restore, it blocks with error saying Failed to create partition.

Here is the bmrrst.log file attached.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

4 Replies

• Hello,

The PIT considers the dissimilar restore. It try to map the drive and NIC configuration.

1.  Before the start of the restore process, run the command from the NBU/BMR Master Server: 

$inst_path\netbackup\bin\bmrovradm  -enable  "Disable DSR" -client $CLIENT_NAME -configuration <PIT-Configuration> 

To verify that the command setting is active,  run the command: 

$inst_path\netbackup\bin\bmrovradm -list 

Cancel all running task in BMR task and restart the restore.

Regards,

• I would add, that the restore is being made in the same backed up machine (as stated in Netbackup docs).

Alexis_Jeldrez
      Level 6

The BMR client is a physical machine or is it virtual?

Also, have you tried doing the mapping before preparing for restore, or in the same BMR client right before the restore?

pyesdebe
        Level 2

Complete guess, but the last 7.6 SCL I have can be read a couple of ways; however one way implies BMR requires Windows 7 Ultimate Edition. Is (was) the client running that version? Andrew