Forum Discussion

samkumar
Level 3
9 years ago

health check

how to health check for master,media and client? is there any commands to health check
    9 years ago

NetBackup doesn't have a health check tool. If you let us know exactly what you want to check we can help you.

Here is what I would do however

1) Keep copies of the nbsu output so I can refer back to any previous configurations or to see what has changed over time (Master and Media servers)

2) Monitor system performance to see if memory or CPU is increasing over time, that way can plan to upgrade before hitting any bottlenecks (all hosts)

3) Keep a check on disk space - full filsystems cause performance issues with NetBackup (all hosts)

4) Run infrequently bpdbm -consistency to check the consistency of images - this doesn't need to be run often at all (master server)

5) Keep check on my networks to ensure they are not degraded (all hosts)

6) Regularly patch to the latest version of NetBackup to ensure bugs are plugged (all hostS)

7) Run nbdna to check hostname lookup issues and any port connection issues (master and media servers)

8) Keep OS and patches upto-date and hardware firmware (all hosts)

9) Review company backup and retention requirements yearly to ensure you are not keeping backups longer than required or running more backups than you need.- saves disk / tape space