Forum Discussion

12 months ago

I need netbackup to run a script, which was created on a Linux server

Hello, I have the following problem.

I would like netbackup to run a script, which was created on a Linux server (Redhat)

The script is already ready, I just need the netbackup through a schedule to run this script I created.

How could I do this, is it possible?

• guilhermeagl 

You missed to mentioned the objective of the script. You may like to mention it here.

However, you can make use of bpstart_notify and bpend_notify scripts. 

bpstart_nofity -- you can invoke any script before backup policy starts. 

bpend_notify -- you can invoke any script after backup policy ends.

In a nutshell, you can create a dummy backup policy and put either or both scripts according to you use case. 

Read more about it -- https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100025004 

Thanks

4 Replies

• guilhermeagl 

You missed to mentioned the objective of the script. You may like to mention it here.

However, you can make use of bpstart_notify and bpend_notify scripts. 

bpstart_nofity -- you can invoke any script before backup policy starts. 

bpend_notify -- you can invoke any script after backup policy ends.

In a nutshell, you can create a dummy backup policy and put either or both scripts according to you use case. 

Read more about it -- https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100025004 

Thanks

• Another point to note is that the bpstart and bpend notify scripts must run utterly silently… i.e. they must not generate any output whatsoever to stdout or stderr.

davidmoline
      Level 6

Hi guilhermeagl 

Another way to do this is to use an Oracle policy type (using the traditional method - Clients for use with scripts or templates) and put your script in the Backup Selections section. This may also require the update of the DB_SCRIPT_PATH to include the location of the script on the client to allow it to run. 

Cheers
      David