Forum Discussion

gumbo
Level 4
14 years ago

Install to NBU Client to the SRT failed

I'm running NetBackup 7.0 x86. I'm attempted to Create a new Shared Resource Tree and get to the point where I am supposed to specify a 'Path to the NetBackup Client Install.' I used the PC_Clnt\x86\Symantec NetBackup Client.msi as my path. However, when the wizard attempted to extract files from the client, it fails.

"Installation of Symantec NetBackup Client to the SRT failed"

Any clue as to how to fix this problem? Thanks!

5 Replies

• I've never had the media (well, physical) - it was all electronic download and unzipping.  I suspect that if you copied the entire PC_Clnt\x86 or PC_Clnt\x64 directory that you would be OK, but that if you only copied the MSI you would have problems because it needs the files in Data1.cab to do the extraction.  Data1.cab is over 4 times the size of the MSI and obviously has a lot of the client files in it!

• You are just typing in the path name PC_Clnt\x86\  and not  PC_Clnt\x86\Symantec NetBackup Client.msi, right?
  • The dialog asks for the path but when browse is clicked, it's actually looking for the .msi file. I've tried both names: PC_Clnt\x86\  and PC_Clnt\x86\ Symantec NetBackup Client.msi. With the first path, I receive an error because I didn't select the .msi package. The second path still fails to extract.

Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks!

• Figured out the solution. The Symantec NetBackup Client.msi must be directly from installation media. I made a copy of Symantec NetBackup Client.msi on my local drive and specified the path to the .msi copy -- the extraction from the local msi file failed.

Thanks.