Forum Discussion

Dav1234
Level 5
4 years ago

is windows server 2003 and 2008 is supported by Netbackup

Hello Team,

is windows server 2003 and 2008 is supported by Netbackup.

• Hi Dav1234 

As per the software compatibilty list neither of the two operating systems are supported by Veritas. The reason is that Veritas does not support an operating system that is not supported by the respective vendor (Microsoft in this case). 

You can check easily what is and what is not supported by refering to the relevant software version compatibility list from the master list here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000033647

That said, NetBackup will continue to work on these operating systems, although you will not be able to upgrade the NetBackup version to anything current (as the installer will block the installation/upgrade). The problem is that you will be on your own if you have any problems. 

Cheers
    David

4 Replies

• Hi Dav1234 

As per the software compatibilty list neither of the two operating systems are supported by Veritas. The reason is that Veritas does not support an operating system that is not supported by the respective vendor (Microsoft in this case). 

You can check easily what is and what is not supported by refering to the relevant software version compatibility list from the master list here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000033647

That said, NetBackup will continue to work on these operating systems, although you will not be able to upgrade the NetBackup version to anything current (as the installer will block the installation/upgrade). The problem is that you will be on your own if you have any problems. 

Cheers
    David

Lowell_Palecek
      Level 6

I think the last version of NetBackup to support Windows 2008 was 8.2. That NetBackup version is still supported. I have run NetBackup 8.3 on Windows 2008 R2 but it wouldn't be supported. I haven't tried 9.0.

Dav1234
        Level 5

Hello Lowell,

If we faced any issue while restoration/backup failure and version upgrade on Windows server 2003 and 2008, will Veritas support help us to resolve? As these servers are out of support.