Forum Discussion

elanmbx
Level 6
12 years ago

LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS not being honored??

So the LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS file does not seem to be honored.  I was under the impression there were no daemon restarts required?  Is there a way to confirm/deny in the logs if the parameters are being used/ignored?

# pwd ; cat LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS
/opt/openv/netbackup/db/config
MIN_GB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB 50
MAX_GB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB 100
MAX_MINUTES_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB 240
Jobs end up being anywhere from ~9MB all the way up to 170GB.  The vast majority are in the 8GB-30GB range, though.  I would expect at least *most* of them would get batched up to be at *least* 50GB?  Any ideas?
  • You will see the entry in the conf file in the nbstserv log. You do not say which version you are running, at 7.5.x (not sure exact version) the file takes the form ... MAX_MINUTES_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB = 240 That is, a '=' is needed So, that could be one possibility. If not, try a restart of nbstserrv process. Martin

4 Replies

• You will see the entry in the conf file in the nbstserv log. You do not say which version you are running, at 7.5.x (not sure exact version) the file takes the form ... MAX_MINUTES_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB = 240 That is, a '=' is needed So, that could be one possibility. If not, try a restart of nbstserrv process. Martin
  • I am indeed at 7.5.0.4.  Found a Tech Note which shows that the "=" is indeed required.  Gah.  I've modified the file and will monitor...

Thanks!

-Mike-