Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Multi Streaming Data and Multiplexing to disk

Hi, I am trying to figure out what value I should assign for parameter 'Maximum Concurrent Jobs' when configuring storage unit. How can I come up with a value for 'Maximum Concurrent Jobs' that w...
    12 years ago

As Marianne says i think the original question has been answered but let me clarify and cover the drives too ...

When writing to disk the maximum number of streams is governed by the storage unit itself only so the number you set here is dependant on the capability of your backup server (disk speed, memory and network)

The multiplex value in a schedule relates to tape backups only.

When backups are duplicated from disk to tape they run one image at a time and so do not multiplex onto the tape - as a result you do not need to set a multiplex level for tape if using disk staging

Your output shows two tape drives - the first shows UP but i do not see a status for the other one. If it is also UP and does not have a tape stuck in it or anything similar then as long as you tape storage unit is set to have 2 concurrent drives in it both should be used

Hope all of this helps