Forum Discussion

Luiz_Prina
Level 4
11 years ago

NBJM unified logging don't stop growing

Hello,

I'm facing an issue in my environment. I have set the debuglevel for the nbjm as follows:

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 117 -s DEBUGlEVEL=0 -s DiagnosticLevel=0. Even after that configuration I have an 51 MB logfile every 20 seconds. Does anyone know how to disable that for good?

Regards

• -s DebugLevel=0 would work better ... After runing the comand again, look in /usr/openv/ntbackup/nblog.conf , find the 117 section and see what the debug/ diag is set to. If it is not 0 then you need to investigate as something is broken, which apart from causing a space issue now may mean logs cannot be gathered if they really are required.

5 Replies

• it should be NBJM,

seems it will work with out restart also.. check once if it does not work then  restart ,

as its NBJM, netbackup recycle would be better idea.

• -s DebugLevel=0 would work better ... After runing the comand again, look in /usr/openv/ntbackup/nblog.conf , find the 117 section and see what the debug/ diag is set to. If it is not 0 then you need to investigate as something is broken, which apart from causing a space issue now may mean logs cannot be gathered if they really are required.
  • vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 117 -s DEBUGlEVEL=0 .....

As per Martin's post - you have misspelled DebugLevel.

Check nblog.conf after changing logging with vxlogcfg.
    (Do not edit this file manually.)

This 6.x Unified Logging Quick Ref Guide is still valid: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50950