Forum Discussion

bill0621
Level 4
11 years ago

NBU ports

Hi All,

1....In NBU 6.X,communication from server to client will go through vnetd and if vnetd is not open then to bpcd?

2...IN NBU 7.X, communication from server to client will go through pbx  and if pbx failed ,then to vnetd and then to bpcd??

• 1.In NBU 6.X,communication from server to client will go through vnetd and if vnetd is not open then to bpcd?

6.x cliets should have the vnetd/13724 port communication.. 

2...IN NBU 7.X, communication from server to client will go through pbx  and if pbx failed ,then to vnetd and then to bpcd??

below is the answer for the question from the above T/N that you have provided.

NetBackup 7.0.1 Considerations

The bpcd and vnetd processes now run standalone.  They and the other legacy processes now register with PBX at startup.  Connections to legacy processes that previously contacted the vnetd port will now prefer to use PBX port 1556.  If the PBX port is unreachable, then the vnetd port will be used.  If the vnetd port is unreachable, then the daemon port will be used.

8 Replies

• http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136090&profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsymaccount-profile.symantec.com%2FSSO%2Findex.jsp%3FssoID%3D13846898054592p2JuxBuK4nkvzq8J68jC4v010nk2bPwi12c7

I have read the above link also.

• 1.In NBU 6.X,communication from server to client will go through vnetd and if vnetd is not open then to bpcd?

6.x cliets should have the vnetd/13724 port communication.. 

below is the answer for the question from the above T/N that you have provided.

NetBackup 7.0.1 Considerations

The bpcd and vnetd processes now run standalone.  They and the other legacy processes now register with PBX at startup.  Connections to legacy processes that previously contacted the vnetd port will now prefer to use PBX port 1556.  If the PBX port is unreachable, then the vnetd port will be used.  If the vnetd port is unreachable, then the daemon port will be used.

• For your second question, that's right but for first one i am not sure. when port 1556 is not available the netbackup switch to 13724.

• I understand 7.x.

But i am struggling for 6.x.It connects to vnetd first..If vnetd fails,then it connects to bpcd?Is it correct for 6.x?

• Another theoretical question???

Do you actually have 6.x clients?

If so, it is easy to check client's bpcd log.

If not, there is no point to this question.

• Yes we have 6.x client in our environment.

Please let me know for 6.x.It connects to vnetd first..If vnetd fails,then it connects to bpcd?Is it correct for 6.x?

• Enough of this. This thread is about to get locked.

As I have said - If you do have 6.x clients, check bpcd log.