Forum Discussion

snawaz3
Level 6
12 years ago

NetBackup Administration Console

Hi, In the NetBackup Administration Console under Media and Device Management I see an entry "1 Pending Request". Also in the Drives Tab in Activity monitor I see one of my drives with a red arrow ...
    12 years ago

hi,

that is the reqeust may be generated for restore, or some other task.,

if you are sure there is no pending tasks you can cancle that.

just right-click and select Deny Request to cancle it.

please read the below tech note and notes for details.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO32688

Managing pending requests and actions
    If a tape mount requires a specific volume, the request is displayed in the Pending Requests pane of the Device Monitor window. For example, if NetBackup requires a specific volume for a restore operation, NetBackup loads or requests the volume. The Pending Requests pane appears only ifrequests await action or when NetBackup acts on a request. After all requests have been resolved (automatically by NetBackup or manually by operator intervention), the Pending Requests pane disappears.
    If NetBackup cannot service a media-specific mount request automatically, it changes the request or action to a pending state, as follows:
    ■ Pending requests. When NetBackup cannot move a required volume into a tape drive automatically, NetBackup sets the request status to pending. Operator assistance is required to complete the request, and NetBackup displays the request in the Pending Requests pane. NetBackup assigns pending status to a mount request when it cannot determine which:
    -                 Stand-alone drive to use for a job.
    -                 Drive in a robot is in AVR mode.
    ■ Pending actions. A tape mount requests becomes a pending action when the mount operation encounters problems, and the tape cannot be mounted. Operator assistance is required to complete the request, and NetBackup displays an action request in the Pending Requests pane. Pending actions usually occur with drives in robotic libraries.

hope this helps..