Forum Discussion

CadenL
Level 6
7 years ago

NetBackup Client Token for second master server

Hi

When installing a netbackup 8.1 windows client I was asked to supply an authorisation token from the master server. I generated this on the master server, added it during the client installation and everything completed as expected.

I now want a second master server to be able to access this client (these two master servers replicate using AIR) and I want to be able run restores from either master server. How do I add an authorisation token from the second master server to the same client?

thanks

• By installing the certificate from the second master by hand I was told at Vision.

You probably will have to use to the command line tool nbcertcmd as there as far I know is nowhere to do in the client GUI.

CadenL
    7 years ago

just in case it's useful to anyone the command is:

nbcertcmd -getcertificate -server <NBU Master>

If the master server global security is set to high then you'll first need to generate a token on the master server and use the -token switch in the command line:

nbcertcmd -getcertificate -server <NBU Master> -token <token>

2 Replies

• By installing the certificate from the second master by hand I was told at Vision.

You probably will have to use to the command line tool nbcertcmd as there as far I know is nowhere to do in the client GUI.

CadenL
      Level 6

just in case it's useful to anyone the command is:

nbcertcmd -getcertificate -server <NBU Master>

If the master server global security is set to high then you'll first need to generate a token on the master server and use the -token switch in the command line:

nbcertcmd -getcertificate -server <NBU Master> -token <token>