Forum Discussion

Brits
Level 6
10 years ago

Netbackup Install log error message

Hi Team, 

Can you please help to know the meaning of the below error message which I am seeing in NeBackup server Install log -

Warning Message  ( I think they are due to reboot required after Netbackup installation) --

04-16-2015,23:02:32 : One or more entries in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations
 + 04-16-2015,23:02:32 : registry value are associated with products other than NetBackup. This indicates that previous operations on this host are
 + 04-16-2015,23:02:32 : pending completion following a reboot of the system. Consider finishing pending operations by rebooting the system.

Error Message  ---

+ 04-16-2015,23:02:46 : Could not open the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veritas\VxMS registry key.

+ 04-16-2015,23:02:46 : Could not open the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veritas\VxMS registry key.

There was no errror while installing the Netbackup Master / Media server , but I need to answer the meaning of these error messages.

Netbackup 7.6.0.3 version installation.

• The error message you are seeing " 04-16-2015,23:02:46 : Could not open the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veritas\VxMS registry key." indicates that either the process does not have credentials to manipulate the registry, or that the key is missing.  Use a registry editor to see for yourself.

And it looks like it was just a Warning message.

Check out the article noted aobve.

4 Replies

• Hey

Looks like some software was installed prior to the NBU installation and the person installing previous software did not reboot the machine.

To avoid such issues I am always performing so called 'control reboot' prior NBU software installation. This ensures me that the OS is in clean state.

Please reboot this machine and retry the NBU installation.

• thanks quebek for response.

Master / media servers  were rebooted before installation. I have rebooted the server because I was getting message "UAC is enabled on the host ....." while running setup.exe.  So , to fix it , we hve disabled UAC , rebooted the servers and then started netbackup installation.

what is the use of VxMS registry key in netbackup installation ?

• VxMS is used with vmware based backups - if you put more verbose logging those logs can grow huge...

Please see this TN

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO70905.html

• The error message you are seeing " 04-16-2015,23:02:46 : Could not open the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veritas\VxMS registry key." indicates that either the process does not have credentials to manipulate the registry, or that the key is missing.  Use a registry editor to see for yourself.

And it looks like it was just a Warning message.

Check out the article noted aobve.